Tofu Nut Loaf
1 cup fine ground cashews
1 medium onion chopped fine
1 cup bread crumbs (or crushed saltines)
1 cup tofu (soft)
1 cup cooked rice (I always use basmati)
2 T soy sauce (Braggs)
1/2 t salt
1 T dried parsely (live dangerously, use fresh)
1/4 t celery salt
- mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, everything
has to befinely chopped
- lightly pack in an oiled 4x8 (archaic distance units)
loaf pan - bake at 175 °C (350 °F) oven
for 40 minutes
- turn out of pan when done
- I usually mix everything in a food processor to make sure
it is well chopped.
- It seems to tolerate the addition of extra rice.
- Sometimes I add an egg.
- Really, you can season it any way you like. Go wild!
Back to recipe index